How many people out there aren’t too fond of fish but love salmon? That’s how I am, with the exception of tilapia. Salmon is one of my favorite meals to order when I go out to dinner, and I used to find myself craving the salmon from Cheesecake Factory (you know the one that sits on top of the massive bed of mashed potatoes & asparagus with butter smothered over everything) on a weekly basis. Well let’s be serious, even though it’s salmon that’s not really the healthiest dish to be craving weekly. So I decided it was time to find a salmon recipe that I’d love just as much (if not more) as the one from Cheesecake Factory. Lo and behold all the way in the back of my binder I’ve had a recipe for salmon that I printed out a year ago and never got around to trying. So that would be the recipe I would use to make my first salmon dinner!
It turned out amazing! A great simple recipe that was perfect for a busy weeknight. The key to making this recipe a success was using fresh salmon, not frozen. Oh yeah and did I mention I found this recipe on Weight Watchers?! I’m not going to lie I think it took me so long to try this recipe because I thought to myself “well it’s a recipe off weight watchers, it’s going to taste to bland” – yeah I was completely wrong. This dish is packed with so much flavor you’ll be craving it for the rest of the week.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked wild pink salmon fillet
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cups Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400º, line baking sheet with tinfoil and spray the cooking spray
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper; place salmon on the baking sheet
- In a small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, honey, water, vinegar, dry mustard and garlic powder. Remove 2 tablespoons of mustard sauce and brush over salmon. Stir dill into remaining mustard sauce and set aside.
- Roast until salmon is fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve salmon with reserved mustard sauce spooned over top.
Now I’m ubber excited to announce my first giveaway!! First I must give a special thank you to Sarah from Belladi Treats! I hosted a party this past weekend and I ordered mini red velvet cupcakes from Belladi Treats. Not only were the cupcakes moist and the frosting creamy but the sparkle details on top were so adorable (anyone who knows me knows I live for anything that sparkles). The cupcakes were a huge hit at my party, perfect size for a bunch of ladies on “diets”, but I also had a handful left over that I was able to serve again for Easter. I honestly can’t wait to host another party just so I can order more goodies from Belladi Treats!
To enter this contest, to win an order of cupcakes, comment below and let me know your favorite cupcake flavor! The winner will be picked tomorrow (: