This, my friends, is my new favorite healthy snack! I do really love zucchini’s but sometimes, if not cooked the way I like, they can taste a little…awkward. Usually I like them mixed in with my stir-fry (or mixed into a batch of brownies, that my friend Carrie makes). So for me to try and eat them by themselves was a big deal. The flavor of the zucchini mixed with the crunchy Panko crumbs complimented each other perfectly! It only took about 10 minutes to prepare and then 25 minutes to cook, perfect for a mid afternoon snack or a crunchy side dish with dinner. Of course this was another recipe that stumbled upon on Pinterest, which then led me to Blackjack Bake House. I just love how quick and easy this was to make, AND how delicious it tastes. I’m sure I will be making this again at some point this week!
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Line baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with vegetable oil
- Slice zucchini’s into 1/4 inch thick rounds, toss in a bowl with the olive oil and coat well
- In a separate bowl combine parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt & pepper
- Place zucchini rounds in your bowl of cheese and breadcrumbs, mix together until both sides of zucchini are coated
- Place zucchini’s on baking sheet and sprinkle the remaining breadcrumb mixture on top
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until it becomes golden brown
Let me know if you make these and how you like them. Also if you have any good zucchini recipes you’d recommend!
…..and then there was one